Monday, June 15, 2009

How to put colour into winter






Winter is just about here which means lying on the couch snuggled with a blanket with a hot chocolate and watching a good old movie. Still, looking around the city there is a big shift from colour to black dark colours.



Just because it is winter does not mean that you have to go back to black.
Brookestyle365 informs us on the winter essentials, and I more than agree, however just because it is winter, don’t dismiss colour all together. Brook tells us that we need a black leather jacket or thick black coat and black (or brown) leather gloves like these green ones from Mimco (check out her blog for more http://www.brookestyle365.blogspot.com/ ), but colour is still essential. I believe colour adds liveliness.
Nail polish can easily inject colour into your winter. Red and purple seems to be the colour that keeps popping up, also give jade-green a try. Paler shades of nail polish stands out more, even try making a canvas for your bright nail colour by applying white first (like the ‘French Tip’ colour white)
Another great way to add a bit of colour is though bags; I have a big red one. Just because it is colourful dose not mean that it is not professional. I would however suggest a black bag for more traditional occasion. If you can’t or don’t want to fork out the money for a new bag, add a coloured scarf to your existing bag.

I love winter, and love colour, combined the two make for an interesting season.

1 comment:

  1. love it! I'm dying over purple this season, it is amazing... and yeah coloured bags are great, I just bought a gorgeous light pink bag from American Apparel, it is gorgeous. I love wearing bright scarves too, when I'm wearing a black/white/grey outfit. haha but my sister just stole my red one, haha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete